The news site UPI.com put together a list of the weirdest world records broken in 2022. Here are the top ten in no particular order . . .
1. Most soda cans suctioned to a person's head. A bald guy in Wisconsin did ten at once. He claims he has a weird skin condition where his pores suck in oxygen.
2. Most eggs balanced on the back of your hand. A guy in Iraq did 18 eggs.
3. Fastest time to find and alphabetize all 26 letters in a can of Alphabet Soup. A guy in Oregon did it in just under 2 minutes and 9 seconds.
4. Fastest time to eat ten Carolina Reaper hot peppers. They're the hottest in the world. A guy from California did it in 33 seconds.
5. Farthest tightrope walk in four-inch high heels. A teenager in Vermont crushed the old record of 49 feet. She walked back and forth on a tightrope and never fell. She decided to stop at just under 640 feet.
6. Largest gathering of people with the same first and last name. 178 people named "Hirokazu Tanaka" got together in Japan back in October. The previous record was 164 "Martha Stewarts" in 2005.
7. Farthest distance to blow a pea with one breath. The guy in Idaho who's turned breaking records into a CAREER did it . . . just under 85 feet. His name is David Rush. It was the 250th world record he's broken.
9. Fastest time to assemble Mr. Potato Head. You have to add feet, arms, and a face. A guy in Malaysia did it in 5.43 seconds.
10. Longest beard chain. Last month, a bunch of guys in Wyoming tied their beards together and hit 150 feet. The old record was 62 feet, 6 inches.